Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all have a blessed day on this day of thanksgiving in America :)



This week has been a dry week for my posting, but I have done some sketching in my little book :)  I am hoping to get more sketches up after Thanksgiving, but it may not be until Monday as I have been quite busy with family things and tutoring (plus I've been reading my Alton Brown library book in 'free' moments). 

Tonight I cooked rice in the oven like he suggested in his book. It came out like Paella rice, there were no complaints from the eating crew and the baking dish was very easy to clean. Next time I may use one of the Corningware serving dishes I got from my mother-in-law ages ago and forget to use. They have each have a pretty tight lid so I won't have to cover the dish with aluminum foil and they are the perfect size for our rice needs. A4 seems to think we need a rice cooker. We are probably one of the only families on island that don't own a rice cooker :D

Blessings to you all!


4 comments:

retro said...

A belated Happy Thanksgiving!

My mother bakes rice pudding in the oven so I suppose it´s basically the same procedure though maybe better without the milk and sultanas!

scrapladyandmore said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to you as well. Here's an e-card that you might enjoy. http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=0183913358
Turkey in the Straw - animated Flash ecard by Jacquie Lawson
www.jacquielawson.com

Health has been on a real roller coaster for the past months and haven't been online much...just a few minutes here and there. Recovering from a fun but busy and tiring Thanksgiving with all 3 girls and their families (7 grandkids). Walked into the garage when DH was cleaning out closets a few days ago, and garden chemicals that have been stored in there for years made me so weak, he had to help me walk back into the house...so recovery mode again for a few days. Needless to say, the chemical were all disposed of so I don't ever come across them again.

I have enjoyed seeing your sketches...they are wonderful. You are very talented. I can barely draw stick figures...lol!

I love rice and should try making some rice pudding. I'm bad about just adding lots of sugar and butter...yum. Hope all is well with you and your family and you have a blessed Christmas and New Year! Oh...cute Christmas cards too!

Theta said...

retro - I usually cook rice pudding on the stove, but it would work better in the oven. I don't put in sultanas, because some of the people in my house won't eat raisins :(
The rice turned out quite well, sort of like paella without the broth or other yummy things. There was also less lifting of the lid :)

scrapladyandmore - Great card! I am amazed how someone thought it up and actually created it.

I'm so glad your family was able to visit for Thanksgiving. It must have been so much fun! With 7 grand-kids running around it must have been hectic too. You must have been worn out afterwards and then to be poisoned! Ugh, frustration.

I'm glad yo like my sketches, especially if they brighten your day :)

You can create lovely layouts and that is wonderful! I bet your family loves them :)

I like rice pudding, but right now technically I haven't added rice back into my diet so I can't have it. My son asks for it sometimes, so I make it for him. He likes it nice and sweet and buttery too.

Hope you are feeling better <3

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Hey this is awesome.